BreathResearch provides training for professionals who wish to integrate MyBreath and breathing optimization into their work with clients, students, employees and patients.
As a sports/fitness professional, coach, wellness professional or therapist, you already understand the importance and power of proper breathing technique as it applies to high-performance, focus and recovery/relaxation and stress relief.
Adding a specific, personalized breathing component into your private or group sessions will provide a great and enduring benefit for those you teach, coach and help.
We target our professional training to trainers, teachers, therapists, and coaches.
General Training Information
Duration: 3 days
Materials: Includes reading list, manual, and test
Requirements: iOS device with the MyBreath Pro app installed
Customization: Training can be customized for fitness, wellness, and educational groups
Cost: Inquire about rates and locations for training. Scholarships and group discounts available. Non-profit rates available.
Inquire about rates and locations for training. Scholarships and group discounts available. Non-profit rates available
Bringing Breath to Life is Both Science and A.R.T
Awaken: Understand, feel and listen to your own breathing. Set a breathing baseline.
Release: Let go of unhealthy breathing patterns that hold tension in your body and mind.
Train: Exercise and coordinate the muscles of respiration to improve strength and resilience.
Benefits of Training
In training, we dive deeply into the science and the sensory experience of breath as it applies to personal training and wellness coaching.
Professionals will learn new ways to monitor and optimize breathing patterns at rest and during activity. You will leave with a new perspective on health and respiration as well as tools to integrate a personalized breathing program into exercise and wellness programs, performance and everyday life.
- Physiology of Breathing – Get a mental map of the inter-related systems of the brain, lungs, heart, and musculature that regulate breathing. This cognitive learning piece with graphic handouts sets the foundation for experiential learning.
- Listening and Monitoring the Breath – The MyBreath app is an easy-to-use tool that is designed to help people deepen the experience of breathing and easily adopt more healthy patterns of breathing both at rest and during exercise.
- Respiratory Analysis – You will learn the 7 facets of optimal breathing that include respiratory rate, depth, tension level, flow, variability, and breath phase ratios. This includes learning how to interpret the MyBreath analysis to identify sub-optimal breath markers and associated protocols to improve breath patterns.
- Awakening the Muscles of Breathing – We’ll use props (balls, rollers, bands) and movement to wake up the intercostals, diaphragm, transverse abdominals and pelvic floor to expand the experience, power and flow of breath.
- Verbal and Physical Cues – Combine the MyBreath app monitoring and analysis with coaching techniques to help your clients optimize their breathing patterns.
- Breath cadence and movement – Breathing has it’s own movement and rhythm that when mastered improves focus, power, endurance and performance. We explore how to combine breath rhythm and movement with different kinds of physical exercises. We’ll play with yoga, weights, sports, improvisational and everyday movements as vehicles to embody the presence and power granted by breath that is full and flexible
- Physical Therapy/Massage Therapy – Learn new manual techniques used in conjunction with MyBreath monitoring to facilitate full and balanced breath movement throughout the body
- Sports – Learn advanced breathing techniques, monitoring, and tracking for power, speed and endurance.
- Respiratory Conditions – Learn how to help people with COPD, asthma, lung cancer and sleep apnea improve their breathing and comfort levels.
- Severe Anxiety & PTSD – Learn how to identify breathing patterns that can indicate high levels of stress or PTSD and specific breathing techniques and monitoring for trauma recovery and pain relief.
BRI Training provides knowledge and techniques for working with people in one-on-one sessions or in groups.
Contact us if you want a training seminar in your area, and be sure to check our News section, Facebook or Twitter for upcoming training dates.
“The training was well-organized in terms of clarity of the topics and the way they were sequenced and presented. Nirinjan’s way of teaching is profound. She has a wonderful blend of mastery (beyond professional!) and a deep regard for the individual.
The pacing of the three sessions was just right when combined with the great balance of exercise, theory and practice. The exercises were energizing during the sessions and served to build awareness.
The theory was interesting and provided the basics for understanding how complex the breath is and its various components. The integration of years of practice and experience came through in the simplicity with which Nirinjan was able to offer the complex concepts.”
– Dr. Stella Humpheries, PhD, Organizational Consultant~Training Seminar Level 1, Walnut Creek, CA